[Box Backup] windows service

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 2 May 2006 22:12:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Alex,

> I'm running Chris' latest Windows binary, but I can't get it to start as a
> service. Running bbackupd.exe -i returns:
>
> Failed to create Box Backup service: error 1078

Error 1078 means "duplicate service name". You already have a service
registered with the name "Box Backup". Please delete it with the "-r"
option before installing a new one.

> Could not start the Box Backup service on Local Computer.
> Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
> timely fashion.

The command-line parameters have probably changed since that version.
Please remove the old one and install the new one, and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.