[Box Backup] Latest "safe" win32 box backup client

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 8 May 2006 14:48:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Jari,

> Thanks. Unfortunately the server is running version 0.09. In this case
> what would be the best version?

The client you are already using, Nick's version, is the most heavily
tested version that still supports the 0.09 protocol.

Quite a few of the development snapshots that I released in the run-up to
0.10 will actually work with 0.09 servers, as long as you don't try to use
the SSL keepalive feature. However, none of them are heavily tested, and
many have known bugs that were discussed on this list.

Until you can upgrade the server, I recommend that you stick with Nick's
client, the latest version of which I think is 0.09f.