[Box Backup] How to move store to new machine

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 May 2006 10:48:51 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ben and Pete,

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Ben Summers wrote:

> * bbstored doesn't need any regex libraries, only the clients do. UNIX
> clients find your regex support (man re_format), Windows clients use
> boost.

Windows clients don't use Boost any more, as we ripped that out. They use
PCRE now. But it should work in more or less the same way. The libraries
must be present, detected and used at compile time (for the client), not
at run time.

> * To remove the exception, comment out the regex directives in
> bbackupd.conf. But that will backup more files, so Chris needs to help
> you with the Win32 client.

Which exact version of the client are you using? I cannot test the latest
one, as I'm getting certificate errors for some unknown reason, but I'm
pretty sure that r538 had working regular expression support build in.