[Box Backup] How to move store to new machine

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:35:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I'm still not sure what you're getting at re the _bbstored user.
  Can you paste the lines that you think are odd?  One thing may be
that I do usually start the bbstored process by doing sudo
/etc/init.d/bbstore on the old server (I'm keeping it in
/usr/local/bin/ on the new server, but I'm not sure why, but maybe
because it doesn't have the start/stop function).  (Do I recall reading
somewhere that you start it as root, then _bbstored takes over, or was
that some other project that I'm thinking about?)

Sorry, a little off-topic, but your massive contribution to box backup
should be rewarded with a little chat about your passions outside of
bb: Re http://www.loband.org/loband/main, I don't really have a need
for it (yet), but it was interesting to see how fast it was, how clean
the output looked, and how it might be used for rich-country limited
bandwidth situations like PDAs, cell phones, dial-up, etc. (easier than
recoding ones entire website as whtml or whatever that wireless format
is; just train those users to surf through loband.org).

Thanks again,
Pete