[Box Backup] How to move store to new machine

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 May 2006 17:09:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Pete,

> That worked perfectly, Chris, thanks!  It's catching up on the backups
> now.

OK, that's good, it's just the last version that's borked. I'll make the
wiki point to the old one again, for now.

If I make a new release, would you be able to test it for me please, to
verify that regexes are working properly? I'm making a few fixes to the
command line handling for adding and removing services at the moment. I
can't test it easily because my local server is borked.

> Re the 0.10 crash error, yes, I think it might have happened right after
> stopping the service, but I'm not absolutely sure.  My recollection was
> that I thought it was odd that I was getting that message when I had
> thought that I had stopped the service a while ago (whatever "a while"
> means), like I might have said to myself, "I thought I stopped that? Was
> that still running?" or something like that, but I was so busy with
> other stuff that I didn't track it down.

Please could you have a look at your event viewer logs again. I think they
showed the shutdown and the error happening almost simultaneously:

> at 1:27 Service shutdown (that was me, I think, shutting it down), and
> then 1:27:03, Application Error, faulting application bbackupd.exe