[Box Backup] How to move store to new machine

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 May 2006 09:58:04 -0700 (PDT)

That worked perfectly, Chris, thanks!  It's catching up on the backups
now.

Is it me, or is 0.10 substantially faster than 0.09?  After I restarted
the service, by the time I could get to Event Veiwer, dozens of files
had already been transfered. I don't recall that happening before.  Now
that I look at it again, I guess that is the number one new feature
mentioned at:
http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/0.10
"Optimised diffing algorithm -- massive speed improvements"

Re the 0.10 crash error, yes, I think it might have happened right
after stopping the service, but I'm not absolutely sure.  My
recollection was that I thought it was odd that I was getting that
message when I had thought that I had stopped the service a while ago
(whatever "a while" means), like I might have said to myself, "I
thought I stopped that? Was that still running?" or something like
that, but I was so busy with other stuff that I didn't track it down.

Thanks! again, Chris.
Pete

http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-chris_general_538-backup-client-mingw32.zip