[Box Backup] How to move store to new machine

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 May 2006 20:13:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Pete,

> Re the permissions, I have no idea either except for the netcat tar
> deal I did.  Maybe this confirms that I'm ok:
> drwxr-xr-x   2 _bbstored users    4096 Mar  1 16:44 0e
> drwxr-xr-x   2 _bbstored users    4096 May 16 12:55 0f
> The old directories has the same perms as the new ones.

If those are the permissions on the new server, and as long as the
_bbstored user has uid 1005, then it's fine.

> (this redaction/obfuscation thing I'm doing is a big pain in the neck
> waste of time, isn't it?)

Yeah, I guess :-) I don't care if anyone knows my laptop or server or
user account names. I don't think it makes it any easier to hack them.

> And I can't see any files that are dated after Friday...

On the old server? (I guess the newly created files are dated after
Friday)

> I didn't, but should have, run /usr/local/bin/bbstoreaccounts check
> <acctno> fix on all my accounts before I did the tar netcat.

You should really run that on all accounts on the new server as soon as
possible.

> That should be added to the wiki.  (I think I have at least 3 wiki edits
> I need to make now.)

Ah, sweet procrastination :-)