[Box Backup] How to move store to new machine

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 16 May 2006 14:01:47 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, ok, I'll stop redacting my computer names, paths, and account
names.  But I'll try to still redact my user names.  Brick is the new
store server.  Account 00000014 is the first account that I put on the
Windows client.

user@brick:~$ date
Tue May 16 16:18:06 EDT 2006

user@brick:~$ sudo bbstoreaccounts check 00000014
Check store account ID 00000014
Phase 1, check objects...
Phase 2, check directories...
Phase 3, check root...
Phase 4, fix unattached objects...
Phase 5, fix unrecovered inconsistencies...
Phase 6, regenerate store info...
Store account checked, no errors found.

user@brick:~$ sudo bbstoreaccounts check 00000014 fix # just in case...
NOTE: Will fix errors encountered during checking.
Check store account ID 00000014
Phase 1, check objects...
Phase 2, check directories...
Phase 3, check root...
Phase 4, fix unattached objects...
Phase 5, fix unrecovered inconsistencies...
Phase 6, regenerate store info...
Store account checked, no errors found.

user@brick:~$ id _bbstored
uid=1005(_bbstored) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)

I finally broke down and installed cygwin on the client (MS Server
2003), which adds great command line power to bbackupquery, like:

./bbackupquery "list -odtsr"  quit | grep -e 2006-05-15 # Monday
00007242 f-X--- 2006-05-15T00:09:54 00001
DDataPublic/Timesheets/pending/Rolands
 5-14.iif
00009342 f----- 2006-05-15T09:55:54 00001 DHome/<user>/Flood
Punchlist.doc

So, I still think we're ok... You know I'll let you know if I find out
anything different...

Someday soon I'll script up a command line to confirm the regex is
working.  Right after I update my clients...and update the wiki.

Thanks again, Chris,
Pete