[Box Backup] Boxbackup usage

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 31 May 2006 08:41:18 +0100

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 20:27 -0800, Derek Lewis wrote:
> Can boxbackup be run on the same server with the file system to be backed
> up?

Yes that works fine, I do that on one of my machines (purely because box
handles deleted files and backup retrieval much better than rsync).

> Does boxbackup handle hot swap drives?  If so, does it allow for spanning a
> backup session across several drives?

It doesn't specifically handle them, so it will behave the same as any
other unix program. If you take the fs away it will probably die and
have to be restarted again later.

It's not possible to span the backup store across several drives (apart
form the built in raid where they need to all be accessible).

Cheers,

Martin.