[Box Backup] keeping files specified time

Torsten Boob boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:54:33 +0100

Hello,

if the Softlimit is reached for a user, then old Files will be deleted by the housekeeping process. So only one, the last, version of the file is backed up.

I would like to have a function to keep the files several days. In traditional Backup Systems it is possible to recover files, that are n days old.

Is it possible to implement such an function into boxbackup ? I imagine
to modifiy the function HousekeepStoreAccount::DeleteFiles() not to delete files younger than n days. Do i have to pay attention to other functions not to get into trouble with side effects ?

Is there an other oder better way for my dreams ? :)

Thanks
  Torsten