[Box Backup] FYI: If you lose your CA dir

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:59:31 +0000

To confirm: You can replace everything except the keys.raw file on
the client, and still have access to your account.

The certificates are only used to authenticate the client to the
server, and the server to the client. So they can be replaced
throughout a system without affecting the data.

The keys.raw file for the client is used to encrypt the data.
Obviously you cannot recreate this if you lose it. Guard it carefully.

Ben