[Box Backup] lcd with bbackupquery on win32 (chris' binaries)

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:17:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Stefan Tauner wrote:

> then i installed chris' precompiled binaries rev 784 (updated them
> today to the current 1280) into my truecrypt container (mounted as
> removable device).
>
> backing up my documents folder from "D:\Documents\" on fat32 works
> without problems.
> i could also restore several files using bbackupquery get (-i).
> but... changing directory locally doesnt work at all.
> ive tried lots of commands with and without quoting, with escaping and
> even with "sh cd..."
> i couldnt even get into the parent dir or a subdir.
> in the best case it gives an error message only and does nothing.
> sometimes (most of the time with 784) it fell back into the windows
> directory:
> query > lcd d:\
> Local current directory is now '\\?\d:\'
> query > sh ls
> CMD.EXE was started with '\\?\d:\' as the current directory path.  UNC
> paths
> are not supported.  Defaulting to Windows directory.
>
> whats the correct syntax to cd to another drive with the win32 rls?
>
> the compare command doesnt work either
> compare -aq fails instantly (= on the first file?) with:
> Failed to open 'D:\Documents\\Default.rdp': The filename, directory
> name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

You are absolutely right, changing local directories was badly broken, and
not spotted because we didn't have any unit tests. I've fixed it and added
tests, and released a new version of the client. Please could you test it
and let me know if it solves the problem for you?

   http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/WindowsClientReleases