[Box Backup] bbackupd - read errors on database files

G. boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 18:42:51 -0700 (PDT)

> > Apr  6 10:11:44 codd bbackupd[16595]: Backup object failed, error when
> > reading //var/www/svn/db/strings

> > Does this mean box backup is not designed to manage backups of data
> > stores for applications like SubVersion? Is a special configuration
> > neccessary for this use case?

> Is it possible that the database files changed while the backup was
> running, e.g. that something was committed to the SVN repository?

I have a similar problem under Windows with SVN repositories. I think repository database files get updated, but their timestamps do not change, so Box never picks them up (the reason I proposed MD5 signatures within file attributes a while ago).

Gary

Need Mail bonding?