[Box Backup] RaidFileDoesntExist (2/11)

dave bamford boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:27:45 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, dave bamford wrote:
>
>> I get the same error but for a different reason. I just moved the
>> server from a machine running FC5 to Debian and copied the accounts.
>> I noticed I was getting the RaidFileDoesntExist (2/11) in the logs so
>> I looked on the list and found this email. When I run bbstoreaccounts
>> check xx fix it throws the same exception when it finds an error to fix.
>

> How big is the store for this account? Would it be possible for you to
> give one of us access to the entire store directory for the account?
> It's encrypted, so we can't ready your data, but it would be very
> helpful in fixing this bug.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Foot in mouth, I had the store mounted as readonly on error.
So when I had problems with one of the drives it remounted the
filesystem readonly.
I have since found that the drives only work reliably if they are set to
150Mb/s transfer rate.
Although the controller and the drives should support 300mb/s.

So the only comment I have is that the error message should maybe be
more informative.

Sorry to waste peoples time.

Dave