[Box Backup] boxbackup bug with openssl

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:45:25 +0100 (BST)

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Paul MacKenzie wrote:

>> >  I am trying to create a one line command for restoring a text file
>> >
>> >  /usr/local/bin/bbackupquery 'cd /usr/home  get -i 004329f5
>> >  /usr/home/somefile' quit
>> >
>> >  It needs to be run as one line.
>>
>> I suspect you want:
>>  /usr/local/bin/bbackupquery 'cd /usr/home' 'get -i 004329f5
>>  /usr/home/somefile' quit
>
> Thanks for your reply. I tried that initially but it never exits from
> boxbackup nor restores the file from what I can tell.
>
> Here is what is shows when I use the quotes around the commands:
>
> Box Backup Query Tool v0.10, (c) Ben Summers and contributors 2003-2006
> Using configuration file /usr/local/etc/box/bbackupd.conf
> Connecting to store...
> Handshake with store...
> Login to store...
> Login complete.
>
> Type "help" for a list of commands.
>
> And then just gets stuck.

Sorry, that should definitely not happen. Is your server using version
0.10 as well? Could you enable ExtendedLogging on the client and report
the log messages from the syslog on the client? What happens if you do the
restore using bbackupquery interactively? Could you show us the exact
command line that you used?

> In case anyone is interested I wrote a perl script to restore every
> historical copy of a specific file. It worked fine with the getobject
> command but I need to use the get command for my file types.

I think that getobject downloads the encrypted copy of the file from the
server, which will probably not help you much.