[Box Backup] one drive headin' south - recovery methods?

Garry Glendown boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:09:34 +0100

Hi,

I just noticed some minor problems, which seem to be caused by one of
the backup drives starting to go bad. I'm currently copying everything
to another drive, several .rf-files seem to be affected (read errors
during copy).

As the other two storages seem to be intact, what do I need to do other
than drop in a new HD and copy everything back over to it? RAID5 should
take care of inconsistencies, but is BB smart enough to identify which
of the three .rf-files is defective? Or need I physically delete/not
copy the bad files?

Tnx, -garry