[Box Backup] one drive headin' south - recovery methods?

Richard Hurt boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:41:32 -0500

Ben,

You mention that the built-in BoxBackup RAID support is going away,
which I think is a good thing.  However, on the BoxBackup server
configuration page (http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/server.html)
instructs us that "Running the server in non-RAID mode has not been
tested as extensively as in RAID file mode."

I building out a new BB server and would like a little more direction
on this topic.  Which way should I go, software RAID or BB raidfile?

Thanx!
  Richard