[Box Backup] one drive headin' south - recovery methods?

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:46:46 +0000

Richard Hurt <rnhurt@gmail.com> wrote:
> You mention that the built-in BoxBackup RAID support is going away,
> which I think is a good thing.  However, on the BoxBackup server
> configuration page (http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/server.html)
> instructs us that "Running the server in non-RAID mode has not been
> tested as extensively as in RAID file mode."

I think you can consider that comment out of date.

> I building out a new BB server and would like a little more direction
> on this topic.  Which way should I go, software RAID or BB raidfile?

Use the OS software raid, it will be much better tested, supported,
and more functional than the BB raidfile.

Cheers,

Martin.