[Box Backup] OSFileError

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:02:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Patrick,

> On 24 Jan 2007, at 12:17, patrick machielse wrote:
>
>>  I started getting the following error a while ago when trying to start
>>  bbackupd:
>>
>>  bbackupd[890]: Exception caught (Common OSFileError (Error accessing a
>>  file. Check permissions.) 1/9), reset state and waiting to retry...
>>
>>  I can't find anything on this on the net. Where should I look for a
>>  problem, on the client or on the server? I am able to query the server and
>>  restore files. I just can't seem to backup.

It is definitely on the client.

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Ben Summers wrote:

> Are you running bbackupd as a non-root user, and is it attempting to backup a
> file it doesn't have permissions to access?

It could mean that you are backing up a mounted filesystem (in addition to
Ben's suggestions). If you still have trouble finding it, you could try
out my merge branch, which contains a number of bug fixes and additional
debugging messages which are not yet in a released version. Let me know
and I can send you a tarball of it.