[Box Backup] problem with raidfile

Remco Poelstra boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:27:49 +0200

Chris Wilson schreef:
> Hi Remco,
>
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Remco Poelstra wrote:
>
>> Thanks. That seems to solve the raidfile problem. Strange way of
>> boxbackup to tell of such a problem.
>
> I've improved this error message in the trunk, it now tells you to run a
> check on the store.
>
>> The problem is now that bbackupquery connects fine to the store,but
>> the bbackup daemon gives an 7/34 error in the syslog on the server.
>> The website states that this error should get cleared automatically,
>> but appears not. How can I fix that?
>
> Can you give some more details about your problem? What platform and
> version are your running on both sides? Did you compile Box Backup
> yourself or use a package? Does bbackupd disconnect immediately or some
> time after connecting? Could you turn on ExtendedLogging on the client
> and tell us the last few lines of output before the exception?

Ok, there is something stupid with the ps command on the Mac. Turns out
I was running the client twice, but a `ps aux | grep bb` only showed one
of the two, which is why I didn't notice. The second instance had a
longer commandline (it included the full path) and ps truncated the
commandstring to the terminal width, so the bbackup part was truncated,
hence grep didn't show it.
Seems that solved the problem.

Thanks for your support,

Remco Poelstra