[Box Backup] error fixing account after server crash

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:00:20 +0100

On 13 Jun 2007, at 09:57, Baltasar Cevc wrote:

> Ben,
>
> On 10.06.2007, at 12:29, Ben Summers wrote:
>>>  Baltasar Cevc <baltasar@cevc-topp.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've got an boxbackup server which crashed a few days ago; now I'm
>>> trying to resume backups. As the link is quite slow I'd rather reuse
>>> the data that's already on the server. However, I'm unable to fix
>>> one
>>> of the accounts with bbstoreaccounts. It's the second time I run
>>> into
>>> this error, so I thought it would be worth asking...
>>> Permissions seem correct to mee (everything owned by
>>> bbstored:bbstored).
>>
>> Within your backup root, move away the 00000003/o01.* files -- if
>> you're using RAID then do this in all of the disc sets. Then fix
>> it again, and it will recreate those files.
>
> thanx for the hint. The fix ran cleanly now, however when checking
> the directory
> using bbackupquery, everything's empty and quota usage is 0.
> Anything else to try?

What does bbstoreaccounts info show for this account? Is there a
"lost and found" directory in bbackupquery?

> If the data's lost, it's not that bad, however I'd prefer to reuse
> it as the network link is really slow and it's about 150 GB...

It's possible this may be your best option, all depending on what
exactly your server crash did to the files on disc. It sounds like it
was unpleasant.

Is it possible to transport stores between servers, so you could do a
backup locally on the network, then transport the disc physically and
copy it onto the server.

Ben