[Box Backup] I have the fear....

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:28:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Ben,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Chris Wilson wrote:

>>  The problem is that both ._cfg0000_host.conf and host.conf had exactly
>>  the same modification time before the update tool ran, and host.conf
>>  had the same modification time afterwards. Because the modification
>>  time of host.conf did not change between backup runs, Box Backup
>>  assumed that the file had not changed, and skipped it.
>>
>>  I would consider it a bug in Gentoo that it touched host.conf without
>>  changing it, and therefore it ended up with the same timestamp as
>>  ._cfg0000_host.conf.

This does not appear to be normal behaviour for Gentoo:

chris@top ~ $ ls -la /etc/ssl/certs/._cfg0000_imapd.pem
/etc/ssl/certs/imapd.pem
-rw-------  1 root root 2372 Mar 10 18:00
/etc/ssl/certs/._cfg0000_imapd.pem
-rw-------  1 root root 2352 Apr 12  2005 /etc/ssl/certs/imapd.pem

Can you think of any reason why /etc/host.conf would have been updated at
the exact same time as you emerged whatever package caused
._cfg0000_host.conf to be created? Or can you reproduce this bug?