[Box Backup] Exception: Cipher EVPFinalFailure (5/6)

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:13:52 +0000

On 16 Mar 2007, at 09:43, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Paul MacKenzie wrote:
>
>> I am wondering if this may be a quick fix I can pay you to provide
>> to me?
>>
>> I was looking at the source code and figured this was the area
>> that I needed to tweak: FindDirectoryObjectID
>>
>> Is this the correct function?
>
> I don't think so. Please try this: in bin/bbackuquery/
> BackupQueries.cpp, around line 538, find:
>
> 	printf("%s", clear.GetClearFilename().c_str());
>
> and comment it out.

As it's probably just the root dir which has incorrectly encrypted
filenames, try

if(DirID != BACKUPSTORE_ROOT_DIRECTORY_ID)
{
   printf("%s", clear.GetClearFilename().c_str());
}

The next problem you have is you can't change directory without using
a filename.

However, you know what the root entries are called as they're named
after the backup locations. What happens if you just cd to that
without using the ls?

Ben