[Box Backup] Error (4/11) with 4GB Files

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:26:39 +0000

On 19 Mar 2007, at 08:14, Bernd Zimmermann wrote:

> I want to backup my DB archive files. Each night a new ARCHIVE is
> created
> and renamed to become the youngest generation as ARCHIVE+ - the
> older ones
> are renamed to ARCHIVE++ and ARCHIVE+++ respectively. The oldest is
> removed.
>
> Bbackupquery  list -ts reports one set of these files having been
> stored
> days ago. But no newer one was backed up since then. In the log
> I could find messages like this:
>
> Mar 19 01:28:40 dlb5 bbackupd[24330]: Backup object failed, error
> when reading //home/bak/ARCHIVE+
> Mar 19 01:28:40 dlb5 bbackupd[24330]: Error code when uploading was
> (4/11), BackupStore BadBackupStoreFile
>
> When I copy one of these files to a arbitrary name, it gets backed up.
>
> When I run a "bbackquery -qa compare" I get these ERRORs:
>
> ERROR: (4/11) during file fetch and comparsion for '/dlb5/home/bak/
> ARCHIVE+'
> ERROR: (7/42) during file fetch and comparsion for '/dlb5/home/bak/
> ARCHIVE++'
> ERROR: (7/42) during file fetch and comparsion for '/dlb5/home/bak/
> ARCHIVE+++'
>
> The bbackupd is running on a SuSE Linux 9.0 here.

Which version of Box Backup are you using?

Please post your config file. What happens if you delete the file
referenced by the StoreObjectInfoFile directive while bbackupd is not
running? What happens if you comment the directive out?

Ben