[Box Backup] Box Backup on Rails - Part 2

Stefan Norlin boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:46:21 +0100

> The BB server will be our remote websever at the hosting company, and thus
> it is a big deal.  This is why I liked the idea of having a web based
> management app on the client... To allow me to remotely manage the client.

Ok, but then all is ok. The web app does not have to reside on the box
backup server.
It will connect same way as the box backup client. So, no client key needs
to be stored
on the remote webserver.

> I would love to do something similar with BB, allow the users an easy way
> to restore files, however I fear that without proper permissions in place,
> users would be able to restore files that they should not be accessing.

Hmmm... that does sound a bit difficult with box backup right now (since I
think not all file attributes are saved, but I may still be wrong)...

/S