[Box Backup] Error (4/11) with 4GB Files

Bernd Zimmermann boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:31:52 +0100

  Martin Ebourne wrote:
> Bernd Zimmermann <bernd@zedv.de> wrote:
>
>>> I think I have to come back to this issue after we re-installed the
>>> software again.
>>
>> Please find a transscript of the configure session and the
>> resulting config.log attached. We have prepared this to
>> document the problem with configuring the software on a SuSE Linux 9.0
>> where indeed the open ssl package is installed.
>
> You're clearly missing the openssl-devel package (or whatever it's
> called on suse).
Martin,
the transcript of the ./config session  shows:
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes^M
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes^M
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes^M
checking for SSL_read in -lssl... yes^M
checking for EVP_CipherInit_ex in -lcrypto... yes^M

We could make bbackupd, prepare and install a RPM  and it works well so
far -
except for the big 4GB files mentioned with the start of this thread.

It does not look like the size of the files is a problem - but we keep the
name while changing the content and datetime attributes.

Thanks
Bernd