[Box Backup] Segmentation Fault

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 25 May 2007 23:59:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi Per,

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Per Reedtz Thomsen wrote:

>>  The hardcoded path is intended to make life a bit easier for people who
>>  have completely standard installations (in C:\Program Files\Box Backup).
>>  I'm aware that this does not help users who have non-English systems, or
>>  whose Windows is not installed on drive C.
>>
>>  I can think of a few possible options, but I don't know enough about
>>  Windows standards to pick one. Can anyone enlighten me?
[...]
> How about a (shudder) installer? One of the older versions for Windows
> had an installer, IIRC...
>
> The installer could manipulate the paths in config files, etc. to fit in
> any language setup.

Shudder indeed :-) Yes, that is an option. Nick Knight did create an
InstallShield .iss file, but I don't have an InstallShield license so I
have no means to use it. I've been thinking about creating an NSIS
installer, but haven't got a round tuit yet.

Manipulating paths in config files won't help, since we have to find the
config files first, that's the problem. :-)