[Box Backup] Segmentation Fault

scott boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 28 May 2007 10:21:27 +1000

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late intro.

I have had a lot of experience using inno setup. I would be more then happy
to create something for the project. The iss file that was mentioned before
does actually work in inno so this can be used as a great headstart.

Unfortunately the NEW (Vista) windows security methodology is quite
restrictive (Annoying). To eventually be able to support a default install
of Vista without the user knowing too much about anything, and to support
multiple users. The only real way forward is via the registry and separate
config files in the Windows way.

ie. Config -> c:\Users etc. for each user/account.

Executable -> c:\Program Files\Box Backup

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk] On
Behalf Of Chris Wilson
Sent: Sunday, 27 May 2007 3:37 AM
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Box Backup] Segmentation Fault

Hi Paul,

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Paul MacKenzie wrote:

> I have a quick question about the use of alternate drive letters.
>
> I have the box backup installed on F:
>
> Is there a way to set a config variable in the config file so that when
> I add a path command to access the bbackupquery from anywhere it will
> default to F: and not C: for the config file?
>
> I know this is a very trivial request but I figured I would ask if this
> is possible.

I've just released a new version of the client, 1692, which I hope should
fix this for you. You will have to place your config files in the same
directory as bbackupd.exe, etc. in order for them to be found
automatically, but it should work on any drive and directory.

http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/WindowsClientReleases

Please could you let me know whether this fixes the problem for you?