[Box Backup] Help installing client on Mac OS X

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:49:40 +0100 (BST)

Hi Pete and Per,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Per Reedtz Thomsen wrote:

> On 10/2/07 7:06 PM, Peter Jalajas, TebucoSafe Backups wrote:
>>
>>  A new situation for me.  A new client is in a Mac environment (info from
>>  the client):
>>  I'm not a Mac guy at all, so I'm not sure I even know where to begin.  I
>>  guess I have to set up a
>>  build environment (yikes!  how?!), and then follow:
>>  http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/SourceCodeRepository ?
>>
>>  Any and all help appreciated!
>>
> I'll be happy to send you the G5 10.4.10 parcel for client and server,
> but I don't have a G4 machine anymore. As far as a development
> environment goes, Apple's XCode Dev Kit is free to download if you sign
> up at Apple's developer site (http://www.apple.com/developer).  The ADC
> Online membership is free.

Pete, does your client have Fink installed, or would they mind installing
it?

Per, do you know much about Fink? Would you be interested in helping to
get Box into Fink's repository? I don't have a Mac, so I'd be flying
blind, but I'd like to get it done.