[Box Backup] Help installing client on Mac OS X

James O'Gorman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 00:21:42 +0100

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 02:14:37PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
>  One measure that should increase our project security would be to enable SSL
>  on our Trac and Subversion server, to reduce the risk of password theft.
>
>  James, would that be hard for you to do? I did it the other day for our
>  company Subversion server and it "just worked" with the standard Apache SSL
>  configuration.

I do have SSL enabled, although I need a new certificate as it was
self-signed (I only use it for admin stuff) and has expired.

The other issue is that SSL doesn't support vhosts (which bbdev is) so I
would have to ask for an additional IP from my colo provider (shouldn't
be a problem).

>  Perhaps we could even group together to pay for a real SSL certificate
>  (blech!) or get an OpenCA certificate?

I've pondered cacert before but never really looked into it.

James