[Box Backup] chris-merge - 2GB+ - Get OK - Compare fails?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:23:10 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tobias,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting#Top-posting

> The problem with the compare seems to be a with the MS Office files
> themselves (I only get errors on MS-files).
>
> I can restore the files from backup, and they have the same content as
> the original files. Despite this, the restored and original file have
> different MD5 sigs. I have found by testing, that the MD5 sig of office
> files change everytime they are opened even though they have not been
> changed by the user and saved back.

OK, that's been seen by other users too. See:

http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/trac/wiki/FAQ#what-does-the-has-different-contents-to-store-file-log-message-mean

> So... No problem it seems.

OK, that's great, thanks for letting me know :-)