[Box Backup] Failed to setup location

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 23:18:14 +0100 (BST)

Hi Pete,

> We finally got a chance to test 1781 and below is what we see in
> eventvwr.msc.
>
> (Again, J:\ is a mapped drive to a share on another box across the LAN.)
>
> What do you think?

Thanks, I really don't know what to make of this:

> Failed to stat location: J:\04CommonFiles: No such file or directory
>
> Exception thrown: CommonException(OSFileError) at BackupDaemon.cpp(1703)
>
> I opened up Windows Explorer and pasted J:\04CommonFiles into the
> address bar and that directory opened up fine.

Was there an error message prior to that one in the Event Log (I guess
probably not, but just want to make sure).

Are all your other locations working fine?

Do you have any other locations on that drive? Could you try creating
something like J:\05Test, configure it as a location and see what it does?

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this at the moment. Backing up mapped drives
works fine for me. What version of Windows are the server (that shares
that volume) and the client running?

I'd like to find out whether it's the drive (J) or the directory name
(04CommonFiles) or the directory settings/contents that's causing the
problem. Could you try some variants for me please?