[Box Backup] chris-merge - 2GB+ - Get OK - Compare fails?

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:36:41 +0200

Hello.

I'm running a BB chris-merge 1725 store on Debian PPC.
I'm running a BB chris-merge 1696 client on OS X server PPC.

By running, I mean I have replaced the bbstored and bbackupd of a 0.10 installation with the newer
binaries. That is all files other than bbstored and bbackups are 0.10 files.

I have tried to manually get a 2GB+ file (the_file.foo) from the store and running a MD5 check on
that and the original file. The MD5 sum is the same, so 2GB+ files are beeing backed up OK.

I am running a weekly quick compare like this:
bbackupquery -c /some/folder/bbackupd.conf "compare -aq" quit

The compare fails on the file which I can restore manually using "get":

>From the log:
ERROR: (4/11) during file fetch and comparsion for '/some/where/the_file.foo'

[ 0 (of 3) differences probably due to file modifications after the last upload ]
Differences: 3 (0 dirs excluded, 0 files excluded)
Logging off...
Exception: Connection Protocol_ObjTooBig (7/42)

Any ideas as to why the compare fails when I can manually "get" the file without problems?

Thanks,
Tobias