[Box Backup] chris-merge - 2GB+ - Get OK - Compare fails?

Kelly Black boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 07:26:17 -0500

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 10:57:22AM +0200, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> Hello Chris.
>
> The errors were all the same like this:
> Local file '/Volumes/raidD/blah.ppt' has different contents to store file '/clients_raidD/blah.ppt'
>
> So, my backup seems to be fine (realising its a quick compare)?
>
> Thanks,
> Tobias

I had some of the same problems with MS Office files.  It seems that the timestamps sometimes don't get modified even thought the file was changed via it being updated slightly.  In my case the only difference was in the binary showing who printed the file last with no other edits.

Kelly