[Box Backup] Backup File Order

James O'Gorman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:22:50 +0100

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 11:10:22AM +0200, Johann Glaser wrote:
> As already said, for SVN FSFS repositories no pre and post scripts are
> needed. But e.g. for MySQL they are. The database directory
> (e.g. /var/lib/mysql/) must be excluded and another directory which
> holds the database dump must be included. Before the backup of the
> dump-directory the pre-script must run.

To be honest this sounds out of scope for something like a backup
system. For PostgreSQL on FreeBSD, I let FreeBSD's nightly periodic
scripts (basically a series of shell scripts run by cron) take a dump of
all PgSQL databases and then I configure the database dump directory and
the config directory for PgSQL in Box to be backed up:

        pgsql-config
        {
                Path = /usr/local/pgsql/data
                ExcludeFilesRegex = .*