[Box Backup] Re: bbackupquery and german umlauts

Jon Dye boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:16:08 +0100

--------------enigC4B75A27120FCCA464008517

Max Lindner wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Max Lindner wrote:
>> You have a missing backslash before the space, after "Vorlagen", so
>> bbackupquery sees this as two arguments and complains about the usage.=

>> Alternatively, I think you can place the whole path in quotes.
>=20
> This does not work as it is not possible to enter umlauts inside the
> bbackupquery. Are there any compile time options which can affect this?=

>=20
> something like
> bbackupquery 'cd home/samba/architektur/Pr=E4sentationen'
> directly from the shell works perfectly.
> but
> bbackupquery 'ls home/samba/architektur/Vorlagen B=FCro'
> gives me
> Directory 'home/samba/architektur/Vorlagen' not found on store
> I tried it with escaping the space with a \, but without effect.

What about:
bbackupquery 'ls "home/samba/architektur/Vorlagen B=FCro"'

JD

--=20
"Heimlich Maneuver Motions: Hugn!  Hungh!  Blah, Lobster."
		- Eddie Izzard