[Box Backup] [Box Backup-commit] COMMIT r1858 - box/chris/win32/releases (fwd)

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:05:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi Pete,

I've uploaded a new client release which I hope will allow you to specify
service names on the command line, using the new "-S" option, which should
allow you to have multiple Box Backup services.

The new version cannot remove services created by the old one, so if you
wish to replace the old bbackupd.exe, you should remove the old service
first.

Trac is down so I can't put the ChangeLog online, so here it is:

New client release [1857], with the following new features:

  * Add James O'Gorman's NotifySysAdmin.vbs script to client parcel on
    Windows [1838]

  * Update NotifySysAdmin.vbs to send a message to the event log if it
    fails to send an email (James O'Gorman) [1837]

  * Don't include the install-backup-client script in Windows builds, as
    it's pretty useless without Cygwin (Pete Jalajas) [1841]

  * Fix the examples in the sample configuration file [1847]

  * Make Windows Service-related command-line processing use getopt,
    like the other options [1849] [1850] [1852] [1854]

  * Report more useful error messages on connect() failure on Windows
    [1851]

  * Record the exit status of the daemon when running as a service, and
    return it to Windows so that Windows doesn't tell the admin that
    "the service did not report an error" when it stopped unexpectedly
    [1853]

  * When failing to contact the SCM, report a textual error message as
    well as the error code [1853]

  * InstallService uses the new "-s" option instead of "--service" on the
    service command line [1853]

  * Add proper usage information (-h option) in Daemon for all subclasses
    [1855]

  * Add usage information for service options in BackupDaemon [1855]

  * Disable useless -D, -F and -k options on Windows [1855]

  * Use the specified service name when installing and removing the
    service [1856]

  * Pass the service name on the service command line, and use it for
    event log messages [1856]

  * Improve timer debugging on Windows [1857]

Get it at
http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/releases/boxbackup-chris_general_1857-backup-client-mingw32.zip.
Please let me know if it does what you want or if you have any problems
with it.