[Box Backup] Re: changing port for bbackupd

Jon Dye boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:25:39 +0100

--------------enigD199382202B80388BC0AD01F

Stuart Sanders wrote:
> I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere.
>=20
> My understanding from your initial email is this:
>=20
> Machine (A)
> - bbackupd installed - backs up to machine (B)
>=20
> Machine (B)
> - bbackupd installed - backs up to machine (c)
> - bbstored installed
>=20
> Machine (C)
> - bbstored installed
>=20
> If this is the case why do you need to forward?  Machine (B) should hav=
e a config file that points it to Machine (C).  There is no need for forw=
arding or any conflicts...

Because I can't open the firewall on C to allow incoming connections
from the bbackupd on B.  I only have ssh access and the guy running the
server is quite paranoid about opening up other services directly onto
the internet.  He is happy for me to forward the connections over ssh
though.

Therefore the config file for bbackupd on B says:
StoreHostname =3D localhost

I was wondering this morning if I could get bbstored on B to only listen
on the network interface (eth0 192.168.*.*) and *not* on localhost and
that might solve my problem.  Is there a way to specify the interface to
listen on?

JD

--=20
"Death ... or plumbing."