[Box Backup] exception BackupStore InvalidBackupStoreFilename (4/3)

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:27:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi Jason,

> I've been using boxbackup for a while now, but unfortunately I haven't
> been paying as much attention to my logs as I should have.  It appears
> I've been getting this message in the logs for quite some time now, so
> I'm not sure what happened in order to cause it to start.
>
> Apr 21 10:13:33 [bbstored/hk] while housekeeping account 00000003,
> exception BackupStore InvalidBackupStoreFilename (4/3) -- aborting
> housekeeping run for this account
>
> I looked for more information on this exception in trac, the
> exceptions list on the website, and in the mailing list archives but
> didn't find any information on what map be happening.  I even took a
> brief look at the code which throws this exception, but it wasn't
> immediately obvious to me what was going on.
>
> So, can anyone tell me what could be causing this

Probably corruption of the filesystem that the store is on.

> and how I might fix
> it?

bbstoreaccounts check <account> fix

> This is on the bbstored server, and I've got a few other clients that
> connect to this server and they have identical boxbackup configuration
> files, I believe.  So perhaps it has something to do with some of the
> files that are actually being backed up?

I hope not, but if it reappears let us know.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |