[Box Backup] constant scan of local files on server

boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:15:55 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for the quick response. Please call me Sean ;)

> Where did you see the reference to SINGLEPROCESS? This command is
> outdated, I'm surprised that it works at all. If you want to run a Box
> backup daemon on the console, using the -DV options is a better way to do
> it.

I found that command in the list archives, back in March or April. I ran
the command with the -DV options as you suggested and here is what I got:

NOTICE: Starting daemon, version 0.11rc2, config: /etc/box/bbstored.conf
Housekeeping process started
Starting housekeeping
Finished housekeeping

I gave it about 10 minutes to change, but it did not after "Finished
housekeeping".

> Did you configure the client's UpdateStoreInterval to 3 seconds? If so,
> then this is expected behaviour. If not, please post your configuration
> file.

I had not yet delved that deeply into the configs, so I guess shame on me.
I'll look at it and make any necessary changes and get back to you on the
change in behavior. After a quick google, isn't that setting for clients?
Does the client get installed on the server automatically? I was under the
impression that it did not, but I may have inadvertently installed the
client at 1 am the other day.

> Also, it appears that your bbackupd is not configured to back up any
> files, is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. For the last few days, as I've had time, I've been
concentrating on just getting the server itself running correctly.
--
Sean Van Couwenberghe
Vanco Computing