[Box Backup] constant scan of local files on server

boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:13:05 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

> Could you tell me what you took from here that you found particularly
> useful, or that wasn't covered by the standard documentation (and
> therefore probably should be)?

I have not read the full HowTo yet, but I'd say that the "Setting up the
server" and "Setting up the client" were the most helpful. Those sections
said how to create the certs, which your site does as well, but also
states what certs go to the server and which to the client, and what to do
with them.

If these instructions are on your site, I have yet to find them (or at
least to recognize them for what they are). Other than this, it'd say that
your instructions are more comprehensive.

> You have two server (bbstored) processes running, and just one client
> (bbackupd), since 12:34 today.
>
> bbstored normally starts two processes (listener and housekeeping) so this
> means that it was started just once, and split in two as expected.
>
> You can safely kill all of these. They are only used for unit tests.

Thank you for the clarification.

I'll be installing clients elsewhere to test tomorrow, hopefully. I'll be
keeping an eye out for the .11 Windows client release.
--
Sean Van Couwenberghe
Vanco Computing