SOLVED - Re: [Box Backup] constant scan of local files on server

boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

Chris, FYI:

> It is, as you say, just a matter of executing the right binaries. If you
> installed the client parcel, you could just remove the files listed in
> parcels/scripts/install-backup-client:
>
>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupd
>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupquery
>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupctl
>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupd-config
>   /usr/local/sbin/LICENSE.txt

It turns out I did not have the client installed (and the executables are
in /usr/local/bin, not sbin, on Debian), so I think the logs were from the
leftover client running from when I ran some tests (the same one you said
it was OK to kill). The log entries no longer show up when I manually run
the server now that I've killed the bbackupd process.

Thanks for your help! I think I'm able to resume on my own now.
--
Sean Van Couwenberghe
Vanco Computing