SOLVED - Re: [Box Backup] constant scan of local files on server

James O'Gorman boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:27:59 +0100

admin@vancocomputing.net wrote:
> Chris, FYI:
>
>> It is, as you say, just a matter of executing the right binaries. If you
>> installed the client parcel, you could just remove the files listed in
>> parcels/scripts/install-backup-client:
>>
>>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupd
>>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupquery
>>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupctl
>>   /usr/local/sbin/bbackupd-config
>>   /usr/local/sbin/LICENSE.txt

Hm, I should fix that. LICENSE.txt should definitely not go in sbin!

> It turns out I did not have the client installed (and the executables are
> in /usr/local/bin, not sbin, on Debian)

When RC3 is released the binaries will move from bin/ to sbin/ - this is
a change which was made after the RC2 release. You can blame me for that :-)

James