[Box Backup] Restoring a corrupted archive?

Magnus Homann boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:00:09 +0200

Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Magnus Homann wrote:

>> So, I have a local disk with a messed up file system, backed up to the
>> same file system - yes, I know... - and then rsynced off-site.
>>
>> What can bbstored do with an archive that is partly rsynched from a
>> newer version?
>
> It should just work after you run "bbstoreaccounts check fix" to correct
> any problems with the account. I hope you have a copy of the encryption
> key :-)

Yes, it's in the backup! Just kidding, they are on another remote server
(and not on the same disk anyway).

It appears that my local archive is corrupted, the directory called 'e2'
is actually a big file right now, and according to 'du -sm' I'm 20 gig
short on my local side. :-)

I guess my best bet is to rsync the 20 gig back locally (no boxbackup SW
on remote machine), and take it from there. Oh god, that will only take
me 24 hour or so...

Magnus