[Box Backup] Re: client connection error

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:08:15 +0100 (BST)

Hi Sean,

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Sean Van Couwenberghe wrote:

> I'm sorry, what I said in the first e-mail was incorrect. I am getting those
> logs, but they are caused by telnetting to bbstored on its port.
>
> When I fire off "/usr/local/bin/bbackupctl -q sync", the system seems to try
> to connect to the server (at least from the client side), but the server logs
> no activity (which suggests to me that the client isn't initiating a
> connection request). I turned on the ExtendedLogging option on the server,
> but still no logged activity on the server side.
>
> Could I have missed something in the client config? This is the command the
> configuration script told me to run, so I'm pretty sure I got everything set
> up. Is port 2201 the correct port?

Port 2201 is correct.

Please could you run bbackupd with the -DVT options and tell us what it
prints out?

Could it be that the StoreHostname in bbackupd.conf is incorrect, or that
your firewall is blocking connections from the user that bbackupd runs as?

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |