[Box Backup] Restoring a corrupted archive?

Chris Wilson boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:00:19 +0100 (BST)

Hi Magnus,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Magnus Homann wrote:

> I have now rsycned the data back (33 GB, about four days including such
> exciting events as ISP taking down the line for maintenace, and the
> remote machine had a complete kernel breakdown...)
>
> I did bbackupstore check <nr> fix, and got quite a few directories in
> lost+found0 (about 200). What to do with them?

Download them with bbackupquery and check their contents to see if they're
useful, otherwise let the store delete them.

> Is there a way to restore just 'missing' files as reported by "compare
> -aq", or do I have to delete the entire set of files I have still left,
> and do a complete restore?

You could generate a list of bbackupquery commands from the compare output
with sed.

> The documentation.txt is a bit unclear what "restore -d" does.

Yes, sorry, it was discussed here on the mailing list this month, I
think, please check the archives.

\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU : free your mind & your software |