[Box Backup] Deleted files / Old files

Tom Albers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:15:40 +0200

--nextPart4954757.bAucFhLAiH

Op dinsdag 05 augustus 2008 13:03 schreef u:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Tom Albers wrote:
>
> > >     Soft limit    97280.0Mb  95% **************************************
> > >     Hard limit   102400.0Mb 100% ****************************************
> >
> > But I'm also getting:
> >
> > > Failed to upload file:
> > > /home/backup/keriobackup/F20080729T180002Z.1.zip: server error:
> > > StorageLimitExceeded
>
> Is this file perchance larger than 5 GB?
>
> Only the server deletes deleted files, only during housekeeping, and only
> until the account is below the soft limit. The difference between soft
> and hard limits must be enough to upload the largest file that you want to
> upload, or you will get stuck uploading that file.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Ah, that explains. We've now changed our policy, the amount we sell is from now on the softlimit instead of the hardlimit. In this case I've put the hardlimit 20GB above the softlimit. Makes a lot more sense this way.

I'll get back to you when this is problem is not solved this way.  Thank you and thanks Ben for replying.

One last question: can you tell me the logic which is used on old/deleted files when housekeeping starts? What will be cleared first?

Toma
--nextPart4954757.bAucFhLAiH--