[Box Backup] bbackupd/NotifySysadmin.sh

Torsten boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:28:07 +0200

Hi Tom,

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 10:17:23 +0200
Tom Albers <toma@kovoks.nl> wrote:

> Op woensdag 30 juli 2008 19:23 schreef u:
> > Tom Albers wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm spotting a minor bug in the NotifySysadmin.sh which is on my
> > > /etc/box/bbackupd folder, but I can not find it in the boxbackup svn
> > > server or in the debian unstable package as a patch. Where is the
> > > source located so I can verify if the bug is still there?
> >
> > It's generated by bbackupd-config, which itself is a perl script. What
> > problem do you think you've found?
>
> Hi,
>
> It seems like I receive an error message whenever the backup starts or finishes. I kind of think it is caused because that file if full of  '"$1" = backup-start' kind of comparisations. I think backup-start should be changed to "backup-start", within double quotes around it...
>
> Does that make any sense?

I generated a new NotifySysadmin.sh script using the bbackupd-config (from svn) and it works perfect for me. backup-start and backup-finish events do not send any mails. What shell are you using?

You can easily change the NotifySysadmin.sh file for your needs. This file is never again modified by box backup. You can even use another language for this script.

Torsten