[Box Backup] Troubleshooting a 0.10

Per Reedtz Thomsen boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:46:26 -0700

On Aug 29, 2008, at 5:09 AM, Damien B wrote:

> for stability reasons, I would prefer to run a boxbackup 0.10 over
> the 0.11. Unfortunately I have a problem where most of the folders
> are not backed up, and the troubleshooting information found in the
> wiki seem to apply only to 0.11. For instance, trying to start
> bbackupd with -V always lead to an error.
>
> I have logging for local6.* activated, I run the debug build, but
> nothing conclusive is outputted by bbackupd to announce why those
> folders are not saved; maybe it's an exclusion list problem, but I
> did the other folders to AlwaysInclude: no change.
>
> So, what is the recommend approach to diagnose such a problem with a
> 0.10?

First off, send your bbackupd.conf file to the list. Then let us know
what is missing from the backups. Are you using 'ExtendedLogging'?
What OS is your problem-client running on? Is this problem across all
your clients, or is it just one client?

With that info, we should be able to figure out at least a starting
point for tracking down your problem.

Thanks,
Per
--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561