[Box Backup] Eventlog full with warnings

Roy boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:24:02 +0100

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Roy wrote:
>

>> In my eventlog I see the following warnig: WARNING: Suppressing
>> duplicate notification about backup-ok
>>
>> This is not new, and I had it with the previous build already. But why
>> is this? I only see one message with backup-ok, so I don't know what Box
>> Backup is suppressing.
>>

> Do you see a message like "About to notify administrator about event
> backup-ok" somewhere before it, e.g. at the end of your first backup run?

No, I only see that message for backup-start. That's why I find it very
strange that it is suppressing those messages.
> If so, then that's what it's expected to do: suppress a second and
> subsequent notifications about the same event, until the state changes
> (e.g. a backup fails). I've reduced this from a warning to an info message
> in the case of backup-ok events, as we don't normally care about them
> being suppressed.

So I think it is not expected. And warning -> info is probably a good thing.
> If you don't have any such message before this one, then please let me
> know, as that would be a bug.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Cheers,

Roy